Welcome to the very first month of our Self-Care Sanctuary. This is a safe, nourishing space for you to explore the many layers of what it means – and what it looks like – to take good, wholehearted, nurturing care of yourself. Despite the full schedules and being pulled in a million directions. Despite the old stories and edges you may be up against. Despite, well, everything.
We are so, so glad you are here.
You may decide to pop in here a couple of times per week, or perhaps a few times per month. However you decide to use this sanctuary, our hope is that the monthly theme-specific conversations, tools, and resources inspire you to inch your way, even further, toward taking radically exquisite care of yourself. Because intentional and conscious self-care changes everything.
Our theme this month: A Deeper Look At Self-Care
This month we’re taking an expansive look at what self-care means. What are we really talking about when we talk about self-care. What is it, exactly? What isn’t it? How can we begin to define it for ourselves? What loving agreements can we make with ourselves so that we can begin to make healthier choices for bodies, hearts, and minds?
Scroll below for this month’s conversations, meditations, mantras, and more….
This Month’s Come As You Are Conversation
We are so excited to bring you our first Come As You Are Conversation. This month we explore what self-care means for us, how we define it, what it is, what it isn’t, and how it can bring in sacred ritual, much needed boundaries, and more into our everyday lives. We’re taking a broad-strokes look this month, our first month of The Self-Care Sanctuary. Next month, we’ll get super specific with a theme and spend the entire month exploring that theme, but first, let’s spend some time talking about – and defining for ourselves – what self-care means.
Grab a cup of tea, your journal, and come be in conversation with us. When you’re done listening, we’d love to hear your thoughts, noticings, what came up for you, and more in the comments section below! You can also use #selfcarewithlacyandkellyrae on Instagram to share your journey (the more we talk about self-care publicly, the more we give others permission to do the same).
Lacy + Kelly Rae
1. Click the four little arrows on the bottom right part of the video to view it in full screen.
2. If the video is having trouble playing, click the “HD” on the bottom right of the video and hit “Auto”
Download video to your computer:
To download the video directly to your computer, click here. Depending on what browser you are using and what your setting are, the video may automatically download to your computer. If not, simply right click on the video that appears when you click the link above and you will have a download option.
Your Soul Work Homework
After listening to this month’s Come As You Are Conversation above, we invite you to find a cozy spot with your journal for what we like to call Soul Work Homework. It’s a chance to engage your heart as a way into deeper knowings about yourself and what’s calling to you in the realm of deeply caring for yourself.
Before you begin your Soul Work Homework, we invite you to light three candles, one for each intention of clarity, compassion, and expansion.
When you’re ready, please answer the following prompts in your journal.
1) Write a list of your current self-care practices that you want to acknowledge. No judgment here. We want you to take a loving inventory of what you’re currently doing so that you have a baseline, a beginning point, from which to expand from. It’s also about celebrating and acknowledging your practice as it stands today. Be as specific as possible.
2) Now, consider other self-care practices you want to invite into your life. Write them down, however small, big, or inconceivable they may seem. Remember, we’re trying to define what self-care means for us, not what we’ve been told it means or what it might look like for someone else. What practices are you interested in exploring and experimenting with? Could be working with various elements (water, fire, etc.) as a way into deeper care. Could have something to do with creativity, meditation, travel, or anything else. What seems intriguing/interesting/resonant for you? Bonus: Come back and add more of your responses to this prompt after listening to this month’s Raise Your Vibration Meditation.
3) As we begin our journey together into an expanded awareness and definition of self-care, consider what would be a breakthrough for you? Write it down.
4) At the end of each day for this entire month, we’d like for you to do what we call the Daily Completion Ritual. It’s a quick, but potent ritual that closes out the day with gratitude, forgiveness, celebration, and self-compassion. It goes like this: At the end of each day, find a quiet space for about five minutes. Could be in the shower, in a cozy chair, or wherever you are comfortable. If you’d like, light a candle. Now, take a few deep breaths to center yourself before moving on to the next step. Then, lovingly place your hand over your heart and answer the following questions quietly to yourself. (If you prefer, you can answer them in your journal.)
What brave choices did I make today for my self-care practice? What choices can I celebrate? What worked?
What can I forgive myself for? What didn’t work?
What small, brave choices can I make tomorrow that can nourish my self-care practice?
When you’re done answering your questions, say the following out loud: “Dearest Monday/Tuesday/etc., When it comes to my self-care practice, thank you for ______________. I discovered that I can _____________. You were a wise teacher when it came to ______________. Thank you. I honor you. I celebrate you. I declare you complete.”
Share your journey:
If you’re feeling called to share what you’re discovering, please do so in the comments below and/or on Instagram, using our shared hashtag, #selfcarewithlacyandkellyrae.
This Month’s Raise Your Vibration Meditation
In this 11-minute guided meditation you will imagine your body, the sanctuary of your soul, as a physical structure. Inside your sanctuary you’ll find the cathedral of your own heart that holds valuable information. Go within to discover what kinds of care your soul is calling for right now.
Use this meditation throughout the month (everyday if you can!) to gather information and begin to take inspired action on what would feel most loving for you today. Notice how the visions and messages change throughout the month. Allow yourself to more fully develop the image of your sanctuary each time you use this meditation.
Meditation PRO TIP:
Come what may, STAY in the meditation. Commit to sitting for the full 11 minutes. This is a practice of mastering your physical body so that as you continue your meditation practice you may go beyond the body and into new levels of awareness.
We encourage you to journal what you discover in your meditations. And if you’re feeling called to share, please do so in the comments below and/or on Instagram, using our shared hashtag, #selfcarewithlacyandkellyrae.
This Month’s Nourish Your Soul Mantra Print
Kelly Rae made an exclusive, just for you, Nourish Your Soul mantra print! To download it, right-click either of the images above, or right-click here. Much like the monthly meditation, the mantra is meant to be used and seen regularly throughout the month.
We believe in the power of words. What you say and think starts to shape your reality and something as simple as downloading this mantra print, placing it somewhere you’ll see it each day, and reading it daily can begin to reprogram the mind and shape your life with effortless ease.
Lacy and Kelly Rae’s Reading Suggestions
Kelly Rae’s Reading List:
Here are a few of the books I’m reading at the moment. They inspire me to keep evolving, growing, and do my soul work as a form of self-care. XO, Kelly Rae
Have a must read for us?
Please share in the comments below!
Lacy’s Reading List:
These are the books I’m currently reading that are feeling extremely loving and supportive. Braiding Sweetgrass feels like a love letter of remembering. Frequency is giving words to practices I’ve been doing for years without knowing they had a name. Love, Lacy
Have a must read for us?
Please share in the comments below!
This Month’s Q + R Session
If you prefer to download the Q&R video to your computer to watch later, please click here.
We encourage you to journal your thoughts as you listen. And, if you’re feeling called to share what you’re discovering, please do so in the comments below and/or on Instagram, using our shared hashtag, #selfcarewithlacyandkellyrae.
This Month’s Q + R Details
Mark Your Calendars!
Our Live Q+R Session this month will be hosted on Zoom on October 24 at 3:30 pm PST.
How to join the Live Q+R:
If you are joining via PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android, click the following link on the above date/time: https://zoom.us/j/
*This link will be different each month and you’ll always be able to find it here in the online Sanctuary.
*Please note: You may need to download Zoom (https://zoom.us/download) to your computer in order to join us.
Here’s how you can ask questions of us:
* You can ask us live at the upcoming Live Q+R
* You can ask your question in the comments below and we’ll do our best to give our response at the Live Q+R
* You can email them to us at email@example.com and again, we’ll do our best to respond at the Live Q+R
Can’t make the Live Q+R?
No worries. We’ll have the recording of it available here, in our online sanctuary where you can watch it anytime you’d like. Like everything in this virtual sanctuary, you’ll have forever access to it.
How to join the Live Q+R by PHONE:
If you do not have access to a computer and would like to call in you may use the phone numbers below. In the event that you’re calling in please make note of the meeting ID as you will be asked to enter it.
Meeting ID: 659 121 808
iPhone one-tap :
US: +16468769923,,659121808# or +16699006833,,659121808#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/
Find your Self-Care sisters
The best way to find one another besides the private + optional Facebook Group, is to use the hashtag #selfcarewithlacyandkellyrae on Instagram and/or Twitter – wherever you may be!
Use the hashtag to share your experience of expanding your self-care journey. We’d LOVE to hear about how you’re doing, what you’re learning, your celebrations, your struggles, your aha’s and moments of discovery, all of it. The more we talk about self-care online, the more permissions we give others to expand their self-care journeys, too.
We (Lacy + Kelly Rae) will be checking in often on the #selfcarewithlacyandkellyrae hashtag and will be using it as well!
Xo, Kelly Rae + Lacy
How to join the Optional Facebook Group
1. If you’d like, you can join the private + optional Facebook group! While we (Lacy + Kelly Rae) won’t be personally engaging in the group, it will be a great resource to connect and support each other. If you don’t already have a Facebook account, you’ll need to create one before you can join the group.
2. Once you have a Facebook account, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the email address linked to your Facebook account. Please also use this subject line in your email: JOIN THE SELF-CARE SANCTUARY FB GROUP.
3. Our lovely administrator, Nichole, will press the right buttons and you’ll receive an email from Facebook (be sure to check your spam/social/promotion folders!) with a link to the Facebook page where you can “request to join the group.” Please give Nichole 24 hours to do her thing. Gentle note: Weekends are precious to us, so if you submit your request on the weekend or a holiday, we will get to it on the next business day. Thank you!
Please note: A word about comments
Please note: We (Lacy + Kelly Rae) will be checking in on comments on a regular basis. Our intention is to offer ongoing support, sisterhood, and engagement throughout the month. If you have a direct question for us, please feel free to post it here in the comments. We will gather all the questions and will plan to respond to them in our monthly Q+R (see above for details) so that everyone has access to the great questions you are asking as well as our responses. Thank you! Feel free to post your questions to the group as there is so much wisdom and perspectives to be shared.