ps: just in case you’ve forgotten, here’s how you were birthed:
1. we worked hard on your proposal (my heart was wide open)
2. and then our proposal was accepted (very very exciting day)
3. and then i went into a cocoon and made a lot of art for your pages
4. and then i traveled to the publisher’s headquarters to work on your how-to pages (scary but really good)
5. and then i wrote all of your content on a red couch, next to my dog, in a small apt in oakland california in a matter of weeks.
6. writing you sometimes felt light and sometimes it felt intense
7. and let’s not forget that day when i lost an entire chapter (chapter 2) due to a technology glitch. oh that was super super painful.
8. but through it all, i learned so much about life
9. and then, before we knew it, we were launching pre-orders for you!
10. and then you finally released out into the real world and you were even ranked #1 on amazon in creative reference and spirituality for a day or two (even now, two whole years later, you’re still top 10 in both categories – you go!)
11. and then i realized how vulnerable it can be to have your heart out in the world – but it was that vulnerability that taught me so much about how important it is to share our stories. thank you for giving me that gift of sharing my story. i won’t ever forget it.
Hi, I'm Kelly Rae Roberts!
Before I picked up my first paintbrush at the age of 30, I was a medical social worker. I followed my whispers and started playing with paint and everything changed. Now I’m a full-time artist, author and Possibilitarian, who helps women explore their creativity, nourish their souls and build a thriving creative business.
Don't want to miss a post?
Get my LATEST POSTS sent to your inbox.