highlights of 2006:
finding art and running with it. all the discoveries. all the learning. the changing. the inspiration. i had never experienced such a passion for something in all of my 31 years. 2006 will forever be defined as the year i found art.
artfest 2006. again, life changing. i remember being a bit tearful on the drive from portland to artfest. i had an intuition that it was the beginning of something for me. and it was. i love beginnings. i love the love that exist at beginnings. i never want that to fade.
john getting accepted to graduate school for nurse anesthesia and moving to oakland. it hasn’t been an easy move but i am so proud of his decision to pursue his dream and of us as a couple for making it happen. we are both actively chasing the dreams we didn’t even know we had until very, very recently. so funny and beautiful how life just picks you up and carries you, sometimes very quickly in a direction that you are pleasantly surprised to find yourself in. we count our blessings out loud to one another on a regular basis. we are lucky souls.
art & soul 2006. again, just being in my niche. pure wonderment.
meeting new friends and growing in the friendships that i’ve had for many, many years. i dream of one day having all of my friends under one roof. i just think that would be so cool.
celebration of craftswomen art festival in san francisco. my first art festival. great experience. learned so much.
the arrival of babies! first it was ian, then lucy, then theo. oh my. cuteness all around and watching my friends become mommas has been very, very cool. i love how life is actually happening now. i love that i knew these mommas before they were mommas, when they were teenagers. i love the circle of it all.
we had such a great christmas. this holiday season, more than ever, i had a very true and real and deep sense of family. i felt more connected with john’s family and to my own. there wasn’t enough time. but i left and came away with a feeling of being filled up with love and inspiration and a readiness to start the new year.
so, i am ready for 2007. i am ready for more of a sense of routine. for better habits. for more art. for less sleep. for more friendships and letter writing. and less time on the computer. and more time on the phone. for travel. and for naps. for sending gifts just because. for exploring more of san fran. for all of it. i am ready.
More small steps from 2006:
* Got windswept up, up and away.
* Learning to be fearless.
* Designed and launched the first version of this website.
* Started working part-time at my social work job in order to focus more on art. This was tricky as my husband was a full-time student and we very much depended on my income, but it was well worth the risk.
* Began building a business.
* Moved from Portland, Oregon to Oakland, California. Started selling originals and prints on etsy.
* Sold my first item on Etsy.
* Decided to take the leap.
* Started to experiment more with finding my style and enjoyed painting early works. Stayed up in the wee hours of the night creating while sleepily going to my full-time day job as a medical social worker. It was a passion filled time for me, these early days.
* First self-portrait. I’ve come a long way since this. Makes me smile.
* Daydreaming meets humble beginnings.
* First attempt at a girlie painting.
* Became obsessed with mixed media.
* Heart lifted and feeling it!
* Started paying attention.
* Whispers of inspiration were calling.