My heart is going to explode! We went to Sisters this weekend to check out the progress of the house, and it’s safe to say a lot has happened since the last time we were there.
Things I want to remember about this visit:
- Watching True play in the tiny frozen pond in the area next to our home.
- Watching another 8 year old boy come join him and feeling mama gratitude that he’s already met another kid in the neighborhood.
- Remembering how, when I was exactly True’s age, I delighted in running around the construction site of our new home, also in the country.
More things I want to remember:
- Seeing deer everywhere AND wild turkeys!
- Meeting our new neighbor, Bill, who has been graciously sending photos like the one above as well as construction photos for us. It helps us stay connected to what’s coming. Love.
- How NICE everyone is – from the servers in restaurants to the local shop keepers to the gas attendants. It’s remarkable and refreshing.
- How simple and slooooow it all feels. Quiet streets, open spaces, and a sense of freedom.
This was the first time we were able to walk through the house and get a feel for the rooms, which is MUCH different than what was in my imagination. Turns out my imagination thinks rooms are quite large, when in fact they’re cozier in person, which I must say I’m excited about (we’re downsizing from about 3600sf to 2200sf).
My mind is LIT UP about all the decor and design choices at the moment and I’m loving the process of making all the decisions. Crafting a creative, colorful, meaningful home has always been a passion of mine, and this feels like a blank canvas sloooowly coming to life. My Pinterest game has been ON.
Here’s a bit of a moodboard of photos that are inspiring my choices at the moment. I’m going for modern farmhouse meets colorful cottage with a dash of boho for good measure.