Can I tell you about something cool that happened a few weeks ago?
John and I were at our house site – the one we’re building in Sisters, Oregon (you can read more here and here about that big adventure). As we were exploring the construction site, we found ourselves talking about what we really wanted in this next season of life. Why were we trading in city life for country life? Why were we trading in a large home for a smaller one? Why were we simplifying our finances, my KRR business, our schedules, and more?
The answers came clearly and we said them out loud to one another, making one declaration after the next:
- More spaciousness and time to wander and learn and explore. Less hustling for our to-do lists.
- More walking and riding our bikes. Less cars and traffic.
- More sense of community. Less feeling alone in a big sea of people.
- More cooking together, gardening, hikes, and wellness adventures. Less martyring the health of our bodies to a full schedule.
- More hands-on education for True in a seasonal, nature-based environment, surrounded by mountains, water, trees.
- More of LESS. Less of more. We’re craving less. Simple. Ease.
As we’re out there on the construction site dreaming and envisioning and scheming our next season of life together, I reached into my pocket and felt a piece of paper. I pulled it out of my pocket to investigate what it was and it was this tiny little card with the word “vision” on it. OMG! It must have been in my pocket for a long, long, long time as it was all crumbled up and dirty.
I love how Spirit works, how the Universe places us at the crossroads of our intention and desire.
I also loved the three little supporting words on this card: Soul. Sight. Future. Yes, yes, yes.
Here’s to tuning in and getting clear on what is calling us, and then taking baby steps to make it happen. This is how we become pioneers of the lives that are beckoning us to a place where we can thrive and be nourished by joy.
XO, Kelly Rae