I can feel the holiday vibe out there. The streets and grocery stores are bubbling. There is a higher intensity/vibration level in my body and I can feel my nerves beginning to get a little hay-wired. Just last night, I was checking in with myself to slow down, breathe, and be present. Life moves so quickly these days. It’s a constant (sometimes hard) practice to slow it down and connect with our hearts, no?
This year we’re doing something we’ve never done before for Thanksgiving. We’ve ordered our entire meal from the grocery store – all we have to do is heat it up! Yep, we’re taking it eeeaaassssyyy. We’ll have the parents over, watch the Packers win (hopefully), turn on the holiday music, and decorate the house for Christmas. There will be lots of togetherness, and not a lot of dishes. Sort of digging the simplicity :).
(signed print available here
As we move into the Thanksgiving weekend and into the holiday season, I just want to send out deep gratitude for you. I feel so fortunate to be a part of a community that embraces the joys, the messes, the triumphs, the struggles, and the wholeness of deeply lived and loved lives. From my little corner to yours: Joy & Peace. Always.
A few other things I’m grateful for lately:
* John making me tea and lunches to take to work. I’m in major building mode at work right now and his support is critical to our joint efforts to make the dream happen. We’re a good team.
* True’s eagerness to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk :). Loving our conversations lately.
* Parenthood, the TV show. I look forward to watching it every week and it makes me cry. Every time. Love that show.
* Friends that allow me to make mistakes and don’t jump to judgments, but rather understanding. I made a big boo boo the other day and the grace extended my way was healing.
* Definitely my parents. So not sure what we’d do without them.
* Definitely my health, John’s health (continued negative biopsies – woohoo!), our family’s health. Having been through, lived through, and witnessed hard stuff, our health and wellbeing I know to be precious and I don’t take it for granted.
* Grateful for the people who help me make it all happen. My team
. They have changed my life this year.
* Grateful for normal, everyday days. They are magic.
Happy Thanksgiving week, you guys! Enjoy your moments. I’m gong to try and pause and slow down and take it all in. I don’t want to miss a thing!
PS: We’re hosting a big “Cyber Monday Sale” next week, but between you and me, the codes are already in the system. So, if you fancy yourself one of my super popular ebooks
(on how to grow your creative biz) or signed/matted prints
, feel free to go for it! They’re 25% off with code CYBER. And the sale continues into next week.