1. when we moved to portland almost 7 years ago, i worked very hard to erase any sign of The South from my accent. I stopped saying “ya’ll” only to wish now that i had kept it all these years. i’m working on getting it back.
2. my tidy gemini self likes the house neat & clean while my rebellious gemini self enjoys a really messy car. and i consider myself lucky to use the “i have 2 personalities” excuse, because it’s true.
3. i’ve been addicted to Coke (the cola) for 10 years – ever since i had it in Mexico.
4. i have communicated with a deceased loved one. it was completely unexpected and i was a tearful mess for a few days, but also incredibly honored and thankful. now, i try to pay closer attention.
5. i have a terrible memory, which is why i take a lot of photos. they become my memories.
5. i’m in a major Indigo Girl phase right now. i like singing every lyric to every single one of their tunes. they remind me of my junior & highschool years. and that feels like home.
6. i used to Live in my beloved, old, comfy, worn-out, overalls. and i wonder if i’ll ever be able to find another pair.
7. it’s uncanny how often i win raffles and random contests.
8. i am just a wee over 5’2″. i love it.
9. in the eighties, i had that haircut where one side of your hair was dramatically shorter than the other side. and i was in love with Punky Brewster and Madonna. my school sent me home on the first day of 6th grade because i was dressed too “radically” for their private institution. i guess i was a public schoolgirl at heart. i had jelly bracelets up the arms, one pink converse paired with one purple converse, a shirt falling off the shoulder (my Flashdance influence), and different colored tights on each leg. needless to say, it was a very rough year for me. after that first day, i had to wear collared shirts almost every day – even under tshirts!
10. the first time i ever french-kissed a boy, i told him it was gross and that it felt like there was a jellyfish inside of my mouth. it didn’t go over very well. i was almost 15 years old.
bonus: i have very, very vivid dreams. mainly good ones now, but i suffered for years & years from terrible recurring nightmares. just in the last few years have they subsided as i’ve grown into myself and out of my issues.