you were an insane year if i do say so myself. so much activity. so much whirlwind. sometimes i wasn’t sure of my footing, and other times i savored the flight. in the end, even with all the rolling ups + downs, you were nothing less than magical. and i mean it when i say magic. for example, i just took a moment to re-read my mondo beyondo dreams for 2008 – the giant, daring dreams i wanted to manifest for 08. and guess what? they all happened: i did travel to italy with john. although we didn’t rent a vw bus and drive it all around europe, we did recently buy one for all the adventures waiting for us in our backyard. pretty cool, eh? and the dreams kept coming all year: i did have a successful book release. i did embrace the idea of teaching workshops in faraway places (hello, italy). and i did move back up to the northwest in a cute old house with a studio upstairs (not portland, but you surprised us with seattle instead). and lastly, i did remain inspired, in gratitude, and in love. like i said, 2008, you were full of magic. thank you so much for all of it.
* Was interviewed by author Brene Brown, creative business owner Karen Walrond, and popular design blog, Indie Fixx.
* Through blog donations, helped raise over $5,000 to build a home in Africa for one special family. Read more + see photos here and finished home here.
* Taught two classes at Portland’s Art + Soul creative retreat. Also sold prints and other goodies on vendor nite and participated in an author signing at this event. Read more + see photos here.
* Was featured in a new mixed-media book released by Interweave Press titled Mixed Media Self Portraits.
* Traveled to Cortona, Italy to teach for one week at a creative retreat. Oh my, it was wonderful! Read more + see photos here and here.
* Taking Flight was featured as the book of the week on premier art + design website,decor8. It was also the feature of many giveaways on various popular blogs + websites.
* Found my tribe.
* Was featured as the daily muse on skirt.com
* Had artwork published in LK Ludwig’s newest book, True Vision: Authentic Art Journaling.
* I saw myself, finally.
* My first ever line of stationery products debuted at the famed nyc stationery show – super exciting. Stationery products became available for sale in stores nationwide and on the Brush Dance website.
* Signed a licensing contract for a home + gift line with DEMDACO, a large gift company.
* My studio was featured in the May/Jun 08 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine.
* Taking Flight book cover was released and placed on amazon.com for pre-order!
* Attended Artfest creative retreat for the third time – always a good time with a ton of energy at this event in Port Townsend, Washington. Read more + see photos here.
* Was featured inside the pages of Pasticcio Quartz, a stunning zine published by authors and artists Angela Cartwright & Sarah Fishburn.
* Was featured on two popular websites: modish and sparkletopia.
* Became a possabilitarian.
* Was featured on two popular, momma oriented websites: cool mom picks and urban baby.