5 things to do that will make you feel extra crummy and conflicted:
1. struggle with your ego and impulsively send an email or two that you regret the moment you hit ‘send.’
2. worry about #1 over and over as you wonder if you made a mistake.
3. force yourself to paint even if you don’t want to – takes the joy out of it
4. place very high expectations on yourself which will only leave you feeling disappointed when you can’t meet those expectations
5. feel humble (not in the joyous, the-world-is-awesome way, but rather the who-do-i-think-i-am way).
5 things to do to get your head out of crummy and conflicted:
1. be gentle. we all make mistakes. we all want validation. we all let our ego get in the way of our most authentic selves. i suppose we’re always learning. me, too. especially me, too.
2. enjoy the breakfast your sweet husband made you.
3. listen to music while you do tedious tasks
4. make chocolate chip cookies
5. take small steps away from your mistakes and into knowing better
Hi, I'm Kelly Rae Roberts!
Before I picked up my first paintbrush at the age of 30, I was a medical social worker. I followed my whispers and started playing with paint and everything changed.
Now I’m a full-time artist, author and Possibilitarian, who helps women explore and nourish their creative souls.
Don't want to miss a post?
Get my LATEST POSTS sent to your inbox.