i am seriously loving my camerabag iphone app. for reals. the hipstamatic is a close 2nd:)
we are slowly falling into portland life. i’ve been meeting + making plans with old friends which has been an absolute dream. i even ran into hula
at a local cafe. i can’t remember the last time i ran into somebody i know – it’s part of what makes a city feel like home. love it.
the last couple of days have brought sunshine and warmth and lots and lots of walking around in the neighborhood. i’m already stalking garden ideas, new window ideas, house painting ideas, and on and on. i’ve also bought several home renovation/decor magazine for inspiration and ideas. i’m seriously loving all the better homes and garden specialty magazines like do it yourself
, real rooms, additions,
etc – the ones you find at home depot. and of course, decor8
(i could live inside that blog). so ready to get this party started on our new home.
* totally inspired by vivienne
. i’ve had the opportunity to spend some time with her and she’s as vibrant in person as she is on the web. i adore her sense of style, her vulnerable writing, and her photos. omg, her photos!!!!
* also inspired by mindy + the wish studio
. the new wish studio site launched today!!! it’s a gorgeous site (designed by christine of darling design
who also designed my website) and chock full of all sorts of inspiration. i’m delighted to be featured in the wish studio’s online gallery
this week where i share the inspiration behind a few recent paintings. big congrats to mindy as she launches this dream!
* totally loving reading! without cable, dvr, and dvds, i’ve been reading. i’m totally engrossed in The Help
at the moment. man, is that a good book.
* speaking of good, Date Night is a good, funny movie. it’s been awhile since a movie made me laugh (it takes a lot to make me laugh out loud at movies and tv).
* been adjusting to using a bella band
so that i can extend my current wardrobe. i so love that thing. who knew? speaking of preggers, my energy is making a comeback. slowly but surely. my appetite is making a comeback, too. which makes me very very happy. prenatal yoga and swimming are doing me good, too.
* i’ve been making a ton of mistakes. i suppose between moving chaos and pregnancy mush brain, it’s to be expected. this was the scenario the other day that pretty much wraps up my absent mindedness: ME (frantic): john, john, i can’t find my iphone!!! JOHN (exhausted by me): um, kelly, you are talking on it. ME (surrended): oh. it’s that bad, isn’t it? JOHN: yep, it is, babe.
more soon. big news coming tomorrow.