what inspires me:
1. people and conversation (connection), especially when john and i dream out loud together.
2. seeing things i would otherwise not notice (taking photos helps)
3. color + sunshine
4. the beginnings of friendships that i know will last forever
5. nice emails and handwritten notes
6. courteous strangers
things that crack me up:
1. when i get a recycled card in the mail from my family (long story)
2. when john spontaneously bursts into song + dance
3. america’s funniest home videos
4. sillyness of all kinds, especially if it involves booty shakin’
what scares me:
1. losing someone close to me and the grief that would follow.
2. getting sick
3. losing the oomph that i feel inside – the light (even in tough times)
5. violent crime
on the dream horizon:
1. travel all over italy (after our workshop). totally doable.
2. finding our dream home in portland later this year (small bungalow with separate studio cottage in the back). this is really exciting for us right now. we’re talking about it a lot. it’ll happen very soon.
3. successful book release. big hope.
4. more writing – maybe another book? more articles? i can’t believe it, but i’m finding myself wanting to write more.
5. painting really big works.
6. expanding my creative business – letting new ideas arrive without too much friction. (they are flowing in lately)
issues i often have to confront/work hard at:
1. feeling left out/forgotten
2. feeling overwhelmed, without balance
3. acknowledging my own abilities/talent/inner balance
4. taking good care of myself (not just physically, but making sure i’m getting all the bits and pieces of my life that nourish me)
things i’m good at:
1. being conscious of what is working in my life/what isn’t
2. celebrating – even the little things
3. making friends
4. processing/talking things out (whether it’s for me or a friend)
5. intuition (how it relates to me and those around me)
6. planning/dreaming/scheming/doing/list making/researching
7. smiling. i’m a smiler.
things i’m not so good at:
2. planning ahead (for birthdays, holidays)
3. remembering anything
4. telling jokes (i’m the worst ever)
5. waking up early
7. i could be a better listener. i’m working on it 🙂
foods i have a weakness for:
1. grilled cheese.
2. peanut butter + jelly (grape) sandwiches.
3. pasta and red sauce
4. creme brulee
5. soda pop
why i do what i do:
1. because it fills
2. because it communicates.
3. because it connects.
4. because it feels like me
Hi, I'm Kelly Rae Roberts!
Before I picked up my first paintbrush at the age of 30, I was a medical social worker. I followed my whispers and started playing with paint and everything changed.
Now I’m a full-time artist, author and Possibilitarian, who helps women explore and nourish their creative souls.
Don't want to miss a post?
Get my LATEST POSTS sent to your inbox.