1. i walk around in the world feeling like the above, like our spirits are all intertwined, that we all matter, that we have so much to teach one another. sometimes i feel overwhelmed by all the goodness, like i’m not sure where to put all the energy.
2. i don’t like coffee. but i must have black tea in the morning with sugar + milk.
3. i went to seven different schools in seven years (k-7). in some ways, it taught me to adapt easily to change, to meet people easily, but it also taught me to crave stability.
4. i have the world’s worst memory. my friends kimmie and garrett are the only people i know with worse. i keep a super detailed organizer – it’s the only way i remember to do anything.
5. i’m a huge actualizer. if i think about something, a project, or something i want to do for whatever reason, then i do it. no over thinking. no planning. i just get in the car, or hop on the internet, or go to my studio, or call someone, etc, etc and work toward whatever task/project/thought it is. my mom is the same way. for a long time, i didn’t think much about this trait but i’m learning how different i am from several of my friends in this area because they keep pointing it out to me! when it comes to things i need, however, or self-care, i’m not so fast to actualize – totally need to work on that.
6. i often need silence. no tv. no music. nothing. just silence. this drives john nuts as he’s a huge music person – likes it on in the mornings, afternoons, evenings. i love music (soulful alt country, folk, etc) but i can’t have it on all day long. it’s best in the studio when i’m painting.
7. i have never been good at flossing. and everyday i hear the inner voice that says “only floss the ones you want to keep” and i still don’t floss (see what i mean, #5?).
8. in highschool, i was voted most likely to wear stripes with plaids. hmm. and in college i’m pretty sure i wore overalls every single day from 1993-1996.
9. if you told me 3 years ago that i would be living this life, working full time as an artist and creative business owner, i would have told you you were nuts.
10. i am very, very far-sighted and have worn glasses since i was ten years old.
11. i shamelessly love and watch the hills, the city, and the bachelor 🙂
12. i am equally extraverted as i am introverted. i ALWAYS score middle of the road for every personality trait on every personality test i’ve ever taken. always. sometimes this makes me feel non-existent, like i’m not interesting enough. but i’m learning that i’m just easy, adaptable, and flexible.
13. i love it when the house is clean, especially the hardwoods so i can walk around barefoot.
14. i asked my husband out on our first date almost ten years ago.
15. i go back + forth about whether or not i want to be a momma. it changes every other week, my thoughts on this.
16. i can get super spooked by darkness.
consider yourself tagged. would love to know 16 things about you!
i am so proud to announce the Kelly Rae Roberts Collection debuted last week at the Atlanta gift show. DEMDACO is carrying this extensive line of wall art reproductions and i’m totally thrilled with how they turned out – on canvas with thicker sides, totally looks and feels like an original painting, and insanely affordable.
the sizes range from 6×6 inches to 18×18 inches. they just debuted last week but will start filtering out to stores nationwide soon. totally surreal + exciting for me to see these images taken by my friend laura – she snapped these photos for me as i wasn’t able to attend the atlanta show (thanks so much laura!). more products will debut this summer from DEMDACO, including glass charm necklaces, adorable gift boxes, tote bags, bookmarks, and more. but for now, i’m smitten with the wall art line. how cool is that?